Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sitting and Chewing

It's only been two weeks since we last posted something, but
it feels like so much has changed already... at least with Ellie.
She will be 6 months old Wednesday, which just seems crazy
to me! Over the last two weeks, she has done a number of new
things, including growing her first tooth and learning to sit up
all on her own. She screams and shrieks all day long just to be
heard... or to get what she wants... it varies. But she is as funny
and goofy as ever, and we love watching her grow and explore.

She likes playing in her crib every now and then.... I think she
just enjoys a change of scenery for playtime... that girl gets
bored so fast!

We had fun playing with each other through the bars.

She sat and ate crackers the other night while I baked. It's
nice that she eats so well... gives me another option to occupy
her boredom... a constant endeavor in my daily life.

I'm thankful that one of the best solutions is running.
She loves it and always falls asleep, and it gets me back
in shape. I am proud to say that I ran over 10 miles
this past week. Looking forward to more!

She loves to be in control... even when it comes to what we
watch on tv.

We went out to the park but didn't stay long since the weather
turned kind of ugly after a short while.

Ellie wasn't a big fan of the wind or sunlight in her eyes.

Looking cute with Daddy, as always.


Push ups are fun. She's working really hard to crawl. She has
all the separate motions down pretty well, but just can't get them
put together quite yet.

Then of course, working the lower body also.

Loving her food time. Working that sharp little tooth of hers.

Just being cute... she's a pro at that. She'll smile at almost
anyone who gives her the attention she craves so much!

She's a goof.

An earlier stage of sitting up, back when she wasn't so
balanced and confident... but she's way too cool for that now.

She still loves her bouncer.. most the time.

Hanging out with Dad at her first baseball game. She had fun
for an inning or two, then I wrapped her up and she fell asleep.

I laid her in the crib after coming in from a run last week when
she was very much asleep, then went to bring the stroller down
to our apartment, and came back to find her looking for an escape.
At least she was in a good mood.

4 comments:

Momma Twitch said...

She's such a big girl!

Cathy Roggia said...

She is growing so fast. So cute and bright eyed.

the.G.s said...

Wow! I saw Garner in her for the first time in one of these pictures! ( I'm sure there is tons of Garner in her, I'd just never seen it for myself before...) I'm glad you post more now that you've got her!

Momma Twitch said...

Hey! What's your gmail email? I want to add Hayley's to view mom and dad's blog.