Sunday, November 29, 2009

Too much me...

I truly do not enjoy putting up pictures or blog things about
myself.... but I guess as long as it's not too often, I'll be able
to get through it. I did have a fun week. The first picture is out
of order, but oh well... it was a last minute addition.

I'm not usually one for all the effects, but the picture was a little
out of focus, and this made it better... plus, Adam was directing
the editing process and thought this would be cool. He said,
"You look heroic, intense, and focused."

Just a fun shot of Ellie reading and sipping a smoothie. We still
can't get her to do animal noises (except a dog bark), but she
likes to point to the animals and hear us do the noises.

Thank heavens she has not learned or had the guts to climb
all the way out the doggy-door yet, but she does love to open
it and drop things outside or tease the dogs who wait patiently
for her to move before jumping through the door.

An extremely rare, peaceful moment between the two wild boys.

Ellie adores playing rough with Grandpa.

Notice the cute little scabs and scratches on her face...
she did a total face plant on the sidewalk last weekend, but
she already looks much better. She crashes all the time...
but luckily she's pretty tough.

This is Ellie hanging out at the race on Thanksgiving morning.
She likes watching the runners and crowds, and clapping along.

She gave me a good pep talk before the race.

Just a few random shots. It was a great race. Over 2700
people were competing, even a guy in a Wheaties cereal box.
I surprised myself by finishing in 24:49, which means I kept
a pace that I didn't even know I could keep. It was a great
way to start the holiday. I'm lucky I have such an amazing coach
for a husband!

Ellie loved all the amazing Turkey-Day food. Her
absolute favorites were green bean casserole and
pistachio jello salad... and Grandma's rolls, of course.

Then it was on to birthday festivities for me. Yes, I am now
officially a whopping 23 years old. Bring it on.

My two favoritest people were right by my side.

We had some yummy cake (as if all the pies from the day before
weren't enough), and I got some wonderful gifts from my
wonderful family. Thanks to everyone!

4 comments:

Cathy Roggia said...

Wow! What a fast pace! That would be in my dreams... Ellie and Adam are good cheerleaders for your race. Loved the pics of you, Hayley...more...more...more. Happiest of Birthdays to you.

Simply Smith's said...

Happy Belated.... Nice work on the run. The Roggia Clan is turning into quite the fit group. You guys going to give p90x a go?

Ilene and Zac Thatcher said...

Happy Birthday Chica! You're gettin to be an old lady ;) Great job on the race, you look fantastic!

Melanie said...

Happy bday! Congrats on the race, you did AwEsOmE! Happy Thanksgiving, too!