Friday, September 18, 2009

"I'm One"

We're still having a blast with cousins in town. Ellie has
been having fun, and learning about jealousy as well.
She had her check-up this week.... 30 inches tall
and 23.5 lbs. I didn't get a chart from them, but
I think that's just over the 75th percentile for both.
But she was healthy and got lots of shots, but did
survive it. She's also been taking lots more steps and
getting braver with walking on her own. We love it!

We've tried to teach her to say "I'm One", but for now,
she just does the sign for it when we ask. Cute either way.
I made her pb&honey for her birthday lunch... her favorite.

Ellie LOVES to be outside getting dirty, so we decided to
make her a dirt and worms cake, with matching cupcakes
for her cousins. They were cute... and yummy! Ellie dug in
pretty well, but turned to me and said "all done" before
she got very far into it.

Her birthday dinner was "Bodacious Beans", a famous recipe
from Grandma Garner, which Ellie always loves.

Ellie says thanks for all of the wonderful presents she got.
Great books, cute clothes, fun toys, her own chair, and her
own set of barbells so that she can do P90X too (she's very
good at it). She cashed in quite well. Thanks everyone!

Meeting her newest cousin, little William. She's excited, but
he looks a little scared... smart guy. He was adorable, and
we loved holding him.

Ring Around the Rosie.... Ellie makes us do it all the time now!

William actually fell asleep like this on Grandpa.

Grandpa is always popular.

Yet again... makes for a fun, but crowded, kitchen.

Trampoline fun!

3 comments:

Ilene and Zac Thatcher said...

Happy Birthday!!
From Anne and the Gang :)

Momma Twitch said...

Happy birthday Ellie!! I'm gonna send you something soon!

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday, Ellie! I think you did manage to pick the ABSOLUTE MESSIEST food item ever for her b-day! I love it! I also love the cute pics of all the cousins around grandpa on the bed and in the kitchen. That is so adorable... And oh- I'm lol-ing about William- smart kid for being scared! hahaha! I feel like I know Ellie...