Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Temple.... and Indulgences

We were able to go through the Temple with Jacob for
the first time as he prepares to leave for his mission to
El Salvador. It was beautiful, and we loved experiencing
that with him. Adam couldn't get off of work, but has
since gone and done another session with Jake.

Some good friends from the ward were also there, and
we had a great day. Ellie even did wonderfully with her first
non-relative baby-sitter while we were gone!

I've been taking requests from Jake for foods he wants to
enjoy before he heads back to third-world-eatism. He saw
a recipe for this Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake, so I made it
for him.... and IT. WAS. DEADLY.

We also got some chocolates from someone at church as a
thanks for substitute teaching their class. I tried to let Ellie
take a bite of mine, but she kept leaning forward, forcing
me to let her eat the entire thing at once! She had cute chubby
cheeks and a chocolate face... poor girl is going to grow up
with a major sweet tooth.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Boy am I sad I missed that cheesecake!!! Will you promise to make it in January?? I'm overwhelmed at the thought of blogging...maybe I'll just post a link to yours!! Miss you guys!

Momma Twitch said...

Congrats Jake! And Hayley, dear Hayley...we miss you and your wonderful treats. :)

Melanie said...

Fun! How did Ellie do with her "first non-relative babysitter?" lol! And that cheesecake... will you please be MY mommy?! Did the chocolate upset Ellie's stomach at all? I heard that happens sometimes. Anyway, I'm not quiiiite sure when OCS starts... but I think it's Jan. 2nd-ish. Rome and I will be dropping him off so we'll all get to see you, yay!

Hayley said...

Thanks guys. The cake was yummo, and I'd be happy to make it again whenever. Ellie did great with her baby-sitter. But then, she does tend to behave really well whenever I'm not around. Chocolate never seems to bother her at all... and she has had plenty. Nothing really seems to bother her food-wise.